Steaming and its Many Benefits 0No need to break the bank looking for another skin or haircare product. Steaming is an effective DIY to add to your skin and hair care regime. Read the full article to learn more ...
- Reni Oshodi
- Tags: aromatherapy aromatherapy benefits asthma beauty beauty hacks beauty tips Bronchitis COPD essential oil for skin repair essential oils essential oils for damaged hair essential oils for damaged skin eucalyptus oil geranium oil health and beauty health and wellness healthy hair healthy hair tips hot oil treatment lavender oil natural remedies natural remedies for respiratory conditions Relaxation rest Sinus skincare skincare tips steaming steaming for easy breathing stress wellness
Beauty Tips for the Summer 0Beauty tips and hacks to help you get ready for the summer!
- Reni Oshodi
- Tags: beauty beauty hacks beauty tips essential oils eucalyptus eucalyptus oil glowing skin health and beauty health and wellness healthy living holiday hurricane season lavender oil natural remedies rainy season self care skin and face care skincare skincare products skincare tips summer summer ready tea tree oil tropical wellness
The Essential Oil You Should Already Have on Your Bedside Table 0Lavender oil is very popular for its soothing and relaxing properties but it also has a quadruple of other uses and benefits, thanks to its antifungal, antibacterial, antioxidant and antiflammatory properties. Read on to find out why this essential oil should already be on your bedside table!
Why You Should Have Eucalyptus Oil in Your Bathroom Cabinet 0
This may be the multi-purpose essential oil for you! Eucalyptus oil offers various benefits thanks to its antiseptic properties.
Learn more about its benefits and uses in this article.
Self-care and Mental Health 0Self care is very important, and mental health is often neglected in people’s self care routine. Taking care of your mental health is equally as important as taking care of your skin & hair. A self care routine excluding mental health is incomplete.
- Reni Oshodi
- Tags: aromatherapy aromatherapy benefits aromatherapy in Nigeria basil oil beauty bergamot chamomile oil essential oils Essential oils in Nigeria frankincense geranium oil health health and beauty health and wellness healthy living immune boosting jasmine oil lavender oil mental health neroli oil self care sweet orange oil wellness
Why Tea Tree Oil is Heaven Sent 0
Tea tree oil is one of the most versatile essential oils, which comes from the leaves of a small tree that can be found in Australia called the Melaleuca alternifolia. It is an antiseptic that has antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal properties. It has become very popular in a lot of households and within the beauty industry. Tea tree oil offers various uses such as;
Tea tree oil can be used to get rid of spots and acne. It is a staple for my skincare routine and has been extremely helpful with treating spots on my face.
2. Post-hair removal care
If you wax or shave, tea tree oil is a good way to soothe and treat your skin post hair removal. It is really good at tackling ingrown hairs and bumps.
If you suffer from nail fungus, tea tree oil may be used to help with the appearance of your nails. Research has shown that it is an effective natural remedy in treating nail fungus. From my experience tea tree oil is one of the best oils used to treat nail fungus plus it cost less and goes a longer way. It may also be useful in treating athlete’s foot.
The native Australians have used this oil to treat skin conditions and wounds for hundreds of years due to its antiseptic anti-bacterial properties. It is really good in disinfecting and healing minor cuts and wounds.
Studies have shown that it also has some antiviral properties. Tea tree oil can be used as;
- A hand sanitizer
- As a general cleaning agent
- To kill germs that cause colds and flus.
If you suffer from a skin condition such as dermatitis, psoriasis or eczema, tea tree oil may help to relieve flare ups, irritation and severity of symptoms.
It is a very good way of loosening dandruff and scale from the scalp and can help soothe inflammation and irritation caused by insect bites.
6. Insect repellent
Studies showed that tea tree oil is more effective than DEET a common ingredient found in insect repellents. If you're a lover of the outdoors, go camping or live in a tropical country this should be in your cupboard!
People have noted that tea tree oil was quite effective in treating bacterial infection of the gum and mouth and getting rid of dental plaque. It should always be diluted and never ingested.
There are so many other great uses of tea tree oil and it is important to note that the potency and the amount used varies for each of its uses. Though it is generally safe for use it may cause irritation for a few.
What are you still waiting for? Head over to our site to get your heaven sent bottle of tea tree oil!